EmpireCovers Privacy Statement
EmpireCovers.com and our sister brand, EmpirePatio.com, value our customers and respect their right to privacy. We collect information about you via our online stores in an effort to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our brand, products, services, promotions and contests. We may share information among our sister brand, EmpirePatio and under certain circumstances with third parties that provide services on our behalf. We will never share or sell your information to third parties that do not provide services on our behalf.
This privacy statement further describes why we collect personal information, how we collect it and how we use it. Our statement also explains the choices you can make in regards to how we collect and use your information. If our privacy statement ever changes we will make the appropriate updates on our website so that our data gathering practices remain as transparent as possible.
If you have any questions regarding our policy you can contact us by postal mail at P.O. Box 541, Jenkintown, PA 19046 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
1. What information does EmpireCovers collect?
EmpireCovers may collect or track personal information from you, such as your name, email address, zip code, gender, birthday, personal interests and other information that is knowingly provided via online forms, surveys and other online avenues (including demographic and personal profile data). EmpireCovers may also collect and combine user-specific information, such as your home server domain name, preferred search engine, operating system and web browser that was used at the time you visited our site.
EmpireCovers uses internet "cookies" to help enhance and personalize your online shopping experience. Internet cookies save data about individual visitors. We may use these cookies to remember the products in your shopping cart, to store your screen preferences, to recognize when you return to our site and to determine which of our ads are shown to you on other websites. You can easily decline Internet cookies by turning them off in your browser.
When you perform a search within our site, we may record information that can identify or link you to the search performed. We can use this information to solve technical problems and to calculate overall site usage statistics.
2. How does EmpireCovers use my personal data?
There are a number of ways EmpireCovers can use personal data to help improve site performance and enhance customer experience. Here are some of the ways your personal data may be used:
- To communication and fulfill your online order via order confirmations and order status updates.
- To help us address content and technical issues and to improve our site design, products and services.
- To help us learn more about your online shopping preferences and to analyze customer trends and statistics.
- To contact you regarding any changes to the subscriber agreement, privacy statement, and any other policies or agreements relevant to your visit.
Information such as your name, e-mail addresses, phone number, and other personal information which you have provided to EmpireCovers may be added to our databases and used for future calls, mailings, and other communications regarding updates, promotions, contests, new products and upcoming events.
3. Will EmpireCovers share my information?
EmpireCovers is committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure. We will never send or sell your information to third parties who are not providing services on our behalf.
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Personal information that you have voluntarily provided to EmpireCovers, such as your name, email address and areas of interest may be shared with our sister brand, EmpirePatio.
- We may share your information with third parties that are providing marketing or promotional services to EmpireCovers.
- Personal data, both identifiable and non-identifiable, may be disclosed or distributed to another party with which Empire enters or reasonably may enter into a corporate transaction, such as a merger, consolidation, acquisition, or asset purchase.
- We may share your personal information if we have determined it necessary to comply with any state or federal laws or if in response to any subpoena, court order, or other form of legal process.
- We may also share information if determined by EmpireCovers, in its sole judgment, that such disclosure or distribution is appropriate to protect the life, health, or property of EmpireCovers or any other person or entity.
*EmpireCovers may contain links to other World Wide Web sites or advertisements for or placed by third parties. EmpireCovers is not responsible for the privacy or data collection practices of such web sites, advertisers, or third parties. It is possible that these links or advertisements may be used to collect personal or other information about your visit. It is solely your obligation to review and understand the privacy practices and policies of these other Web sites and of these advertisers and third parties.
4. Is my personal information secure?
EmpireCovers is dedicated to providing you with a safe and pleasant shopping experience. We have implemented numerous security features that are designed to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to your personal information.
Please be advised, however, that the confidentiality of any communication or material that is transmitted to or from EmpireCovers, via web or e-mail, cannot be guaranteed.
5. What are my opt-out rights?
Excluding that which is necessary for EmpireCovers to provide you with the services, information, or products requested, you may opt-out of having your personal information collected.
If you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as emails regarding special offers, sales and events for EmpireCovers or EmpirePatio you can simply uncheck newsletter sign up box at checkout. If you are already subscribed to our list and wish to be removed, simply let us know by clicking the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of our newsletters or promotional emails or by contacting our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting our sales team please provide your full name and email address. Please give us 2-3 days to remove you from our lists and for changes to fully implement. If you change your mind you can resign up via our newsletter sign up page or via checkout.
6. How can I access and edit my information?
Upon your request via postal mail or e-mail, we will provide you a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by EmpireCovers that is directly related to you. You may modify, correct, change or update your information by contacting Empire via postal mail or e-mail at email@example.com.
7. EmpireCovers' right to change Privacy Statement
Empire may change this Privacy Statement at any time.
This Privacy Statement is effective June 9, 2006.
This Privacy Statement was last updated August 5th 2013.